Hello,
I have the following scenario: I have a two-node cluster with a
ressource on it. The two nodes are connected using a switch and a
cross-link cable. I would like to configure hearbteat to ping a third
node using icmp and if that node does answer on one machine but not on
the other, it should switch the resource.

What do I have to do to obtian the above?

In IRC lrm suggested to use the 'ping' statement in /etc/ha/ha.cf but I
don't get what happens if the node that is specified via a ping
statement in /etc/ha/ha.cf does not answer anymore?

        Thomas