On 2008-01-26T20:50:12, Michael Schwartzkopff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I understood, the STONITH operation is always initiated by the DC. Is it
> possible to run the STONITH agent only on the DC instead having a clone
> ressource and running the STONITH agent on every node?
>
> Does it make sense?

You don't have to care where the STONITH instance runs. If you don't
want to run it as a clone, just don't. It doesn't have to run on the
DC, stonithd will automagically reroute it to the node where the STONITH
instance is.

> What happens if the actual DC looses conenction the the rest of the cluster
> in
> a i.e. three-node cluster?

Is the question connected to the previous one?

If cluster nodes get separated - that is, split into so called
"partitions" - each of the partitions elects a DC which then coordinates
the further processing. By default, a 3 node cluster splitting into 2:1
would have quorum only in the two node partition, and the 1 node
partition would be passive - until it is STONITHed by the partition
which is quorate.

Again, where the STONITH instances are active at the time of the split
doesn't matter; they'll be started as needed.

Regards,
    Lars