On 2008-02-07T19:11:26, Thomas Glanzmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to do a Cluster-IP Setup with SLES 10. A few things are
> unclear for me. With ClusterIP you have one IP address that is shared on
> two or more nodes. It useally uses a multicast mac address. Both nodes
> see all traffic. But when one node goes down how does the other node see
> that it has to handle all the traffic right now and not only a part of
> it?

You have to configure it as a clone with notifications enabled, then
Pacemaker/CRM will send the appropriate operations to the RA to inform
it.

The only downside really is that all nodes see all the traffic; this is
not as efficient as a dedicated load balancer for a large number of
nodes, but for 2-4, it's fine.

(I've never really analysed where the break-even is.)

Regards,
    Lars