Hi,

Johan Hoeke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 05:59:23PM +0100, Johan Hoeke wrote:
>>> LS,
>>>
>>> Anybody here using some kind of brocade fencing with heartbeat like
>>> RedHat offers in its cluster software? I found this reference:
>>> http://linux.die.net/man/8/fence_brocade
>>>
>>> It turns out to be the attached perl script. Got it from
>>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/i386/RPMS/fence-1.32.50-2.el4.centos.1.i686.rpm
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to use this as an external stonith script?
>>
>> No, because stonith is about fencing nodes and this would be
>> fencing resources.
>
> Point taken!

Fencing nodes by isolating I/O is very interesting idea though.

>  > I think that right now the only way would be to implement an RA
>> which would fence resource. That's what Junko Ikeda and NTT
>> people did:
>>
>> http://lists.linux-ha.org/pipermail/linux-ha/2007-October/028388.html
>
> Good stuff, thanks you for pointing it out. And mr Ikeda and NTT for
> sharing!
>

>> I don't know why their code was not included in Heartbeat. This
>> is an important issue, so it should get more attention.
>
> Agreed!

What can I do to make it included in Heartbeat? (we call it as "SF-EX")

I and my colleagues would be really happy if it is included
as a standard component in Heartbeat and available for everyone.

BTW, she is Ms. Ikeda. ;-)

--
Keisuke MORI
NTT DATA Intellilink Corporation