Good Morning and Hello everyboby,

I' new to the list and have been testing with Linux-Ha for serveral days now.
The results are more or less usable
but must be improved to get productive.
The biggest issue so far is to migrate constraint resources frome one node to
another with a single command.
I cannot use grouped resources bcs one of the resources must be a cloneset
(ocfs) and thus cannot be a member of a group.
so i tried to solve the problem by creating location and order constraints wich
works quite well but migrating a service group
behaves amigious. somtimes is works, sometimes not. most times i get an
inconsistent cluster state with unmanaged and failed resourses. somteimes the
whole cluster node dies (most probably bcs filesytems are no more available)

My Environment:
- SLES10 sp1
Resources:
- 2 Nodes
- one stonith clone
- 1 EvmsSCC cloneset running on every node
<servicegroup>
        -2 ocfs clones (config and image pool)  with clone_max set to 1 bcs i
don't want the filesystem to be accessable on more than   one node at the same
time
        - one primitive resource of type Xen.
</servicegroup>

     <constraints>
        # first discover all evms resources on all nodes
       <rsc_order id="evms-config" from="EvmsSCC " type="before"
to="configstorecloneset"/>
            #mount config and image pools on the same node
       <rsc_order id="config-image" from="configstorecloneset" type="before"
to="imagestorecloneset"/>
       <rsc_order id="img-vm1" from="imagestorecloneset" type="before"
to="vm1"/>
           # run the virtual machine only on the node owning the filesystems
       <rsc_colocation id="vm1-and-image" from="vm1" to="imagestorecloneset"
score="INFINITY"/>
       <rsc_colocation id="vm1_and_config" from="vm1" to="configstorecloneset"
score="INFINITY"/>
    </constraints>

my goal is to be able to migrate the vm1(xen) res from one node to another
including constraint filesystems
in a relieable way.
also must be able to temporarily set clone_max  for the ocfs res to value 2
bcs this is a prereg for live migrating a DomU.

whole lot of text - forgive me
orthographic mistakes are desired to entertain you

Michael

<hr noshade width="200" size="1" align="left">
Koch, Neff & Volckmar GmbH, Schockenriedstra&szlig;e 37, 70565 Stuttgart,
Internet: <a href=http://www.knv.de>http://www.knv.de</a>, Amtsgericht und Sitz
Stuttgart HRB 11907, Gesch&auml;ftsf&uuml;hrer: Frank Thurmann, Oliver
Voerster, USt.-Id-Nr. DE147816562.