We're currently using Heartbeat 1.x with a single network connection.
Whenever I physically disconnect the network connection to ServerA,
heartbeat senses the disconnection very quickly and fails over to ServerB.

I am concerned that link-bounces will make this transition happen
unnecessarily and therefore would like to delay heartbeat's detection.
I thought that the deadtime setting would do this for me, but it seems to be
ignored when the network connection is severed.

How I can make heartbeat delay it's decision as to whether to failover when the network connection is severed?

my ha.cf (with comments removed):
=========================
logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility user
keepalive 2
deadtime 10
warntime 5
auto_failback off
udpport 694
ucast eth0 135.8.113.232
watchdog /dev/watchdog
node Master1 Master2
ping 172.8.112.1
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
rtprio 54
apiauth ping gid=haclient uid=hacluster,root
apiauth status gid=haclient uid=hacluster,root

Ron Blechman | Distinguished Member of Technical Staff | Avaya |
307 Middletown Lincroft Road | Room 3K-305 | Lincroft, NJ 07738 |
Voice 732.852.2310 | Fax 732.852.1375 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]