Papp Tamás escribió:
Dear All,

I try to setup a HA firewall, still without real success.

I guess, I have to use pingd, the check, the connection is alive or not.

1.
I've made an example pingd resource with a host, which impossible to ping and I see, the resource is still running? Why? How should it be used? What could I make wrong?
The hosts are defined at ha.cf, example:

ping_group ping_nodes IP1 IP2

2. How can I tell to heartbeat, if any of the connection is not alive (pingd fail), take all resources to the other node, so how all resource (or just one, doesn't matter I guess) could depend on pingd. I read http://www.linux-ha.org/pingd, but doesn't understand everything, I mean, it's a bit too complicated for a beginner on this subject:)
To move resources because network is down, you need to define a constraint. Example:
      <rsc_location id="my_resource:loc" rsc="resource_name">
<rule id="my_resource:connected:rule" score="-INFINITY" boolean_op="or"> <expression id="my_resource:connected:expr:undefined" attribute="pingd" operation="not_defined"/> <expression id="my_resource:connected:expr:zero" attribute="pingd" operation="lte" value="0"/>
        </rule>
      </rsc_location>

To use pingd you need to define a clone of pingd. All instructions is for a V2 Heartbeat cluster mode.

Thank you,

tamas