On Tuesday 08 April 2008 19:32:58 Bernd Schubert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to set a rather huge dead time of 1200s, but the initial dead time
> is supposed to be of 120s or less. However, heartbeat tries to be
> schoolmasterly and doesn't want to accept my settings:
>
> deadtime 1200 # time to declare a node dead
> initdead 120  # time to declare a node dead on heartbeat startup
> keepalive 120 # how often to send keepalive packets
>

> heartbeat[6523]: 2008/04/08_19:23:16 ERROR: Initial dead time [120000] is
> smaller than deadtime [1200000]
> eartbeat[6523]: 2008/04/08_19:23:16 ERROR: Configuration error, heartbeat
> not started.
>

> Well, heartbeat is not startup up automatically here and even the nodes are
> not powered on automatically after a hard reset. So when I start heartbeat
> I'm activeley monitoring everything and there is absolutely no need to let
> me wait at least 20min on start up. I'm even not convinced a deadtime of
> 20min is sufficient, since this is for a Lustre cluster and Lustre
> sometimes manages to create such a high load that nothing else than the
> Lustre and related kernel threads do work on the system...
>
> So pretty please, is there a setting allowing to override this ridiculous
> initdead  time checking?

Doesn't look like the error can be overriden

        /* Check deadtime parameters */
        if (config->initial_deadtime_ms < config->deadtime_ms) {
                ha_log(LOG_ERR
                ,       "Initial dead time [%ld] is smaller than"
                " deadtime [%ld]"
                ,       config->initial_deadtime_ms, config->deadtime_ms);
                ++errcount;
        }else if (config->initial_deadtime_ms < 10000) {

*grumble*

--
Bernd Schubert
Q-Leap Networks GmbH