Junko IKEDA wrote:
Unfortunately, the latest package produced the same results.
pgsql couldn't fail over using crm_resource -F.
I think you perhaps misunderstand what -F does... it is intended to
tell the cluster that the resource failed.
Although it may move as well (depending on how you set up the scores),
this is not the primary goal.
pgsql is set as, moves to the other node if it fails.
If crm_resrouce -F is called, pgsql's fail-count would be increased from
0
to 1,
so pgsql should move to the appropriate node.
but pgsql was just stopped, and not moved.
Other resources were still running.
Ah ok, sorry just wanted to make sure the intended functionality was
clear.
I had a look at the report and analysis.txt highlights the problem quite
well:
pengine[20727]: 2008/06/23_11:02:40 ERROR: unpack_rsc_op: Hard error:
prmApPostgreSQLDB_fail_60000 failed with rc=2.
pengine[20727]: 2008/06/23_11:02:40 ERROR: unpack_rsc_op:   Preventing
prmApPostgreSQLDB from re-starting anywhere in the cluster

It looks like the RA (incorrectly) returned 2 (invalid parameter),
instead of 3 (unimplemented function).
rc=2 tells the cluster that the configuration is invalid and not to
bother starting the resource elsewhere.

!!! that means, there might be a problem at pgsql RA?

Thanks,
Junko

http://hg.linux-ha.org/dev/file/42ce605e3da5/resources/OCF/pgsql

Look at the end of the script.

If it is invoked in any other way, it calls usage which exits OCF_ERR_ARGS (ie 2). See how it was called. This should be the reason.

I wonder how this could pass ocf-tester. It does not support any of the notify operations nor validate-all nor meta-data.

Or am I looking at the wrong file?

Regards
Dominik