On 2008-07-21T00:17:04, Choon Kiat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I running xen virtual machine with heartbeat on. It prompt this
> Gmain_timeout_dispatch every 2 or 5 minutes.
>
> The host is not busy as nothing is running currently. Is there any other
> ways to optimize heartbeat to prevent this from happening?

Yes, you need to tune xen.

But for production use, running heartbeat inside a virtual environment
isn't really supported; how do you handle fencing?

And Xen interferes with heartbeat's needs to run at realtime priority;
you'd at least be better off increasing the deadtime values and the
default-action-timeout variable.

> Sometime it kill off my NTP service.

For that, it needs to miss the deadlines by so much that it actually
times out a monitor operation! (I take it you have configured one.)
That's quite, uhm, unlikely, but of course possible.

Regards,
    Lars