Hi,
I've been running some tests with quorumd and a three node setup. The setup is shown in the attached graphics. The cluster uses "export HA_quorum=majority:quorumd".

The tests are promising so far. When I simulate a split site scenario by shutting down "br0" the resources are active on one node max - good. If I run /etc/init.d/network stop on the node the other takes over the ressources - good.

However when I simulate a split site (ifconfig br0 down), I've seen that the quorum is always obtained by the subcluster/node that was the DC (designated coordinator) before the split.

 debnode1(DC), debnode2
 stop "br0"
 Resources active on debnode2

 debnode1, debnode2(DC)
 stop "br0"
 Resources active on debnode1

For a practical deployment I need something like this. DataCenter1 should be the primary location for all ressources. In case the connection between DataCenter1 and DataCenter2 is broken and DataCenter1 and DataCenter2 are alive, DataCenter1 should always run the ressources. How can I do this ?

I played around with hb_setweight - no success (hb_setweight debnode1 200).
Is there a way to force the DC to be in DataCenter1 if DataCenter1 is alive ?

Any hints ?

Thanks,
Robert

<<inline: quorumd_testsetup.png>>