I've got several machines in heartbeat groups, a mailserver cluster in a V1 cluster, and a new openser one running a V2 cluster, the new one is still unconfigured cib-wise but I've configured, and double checked the ha.cf on both systems, the udpport and the port settings on the mcast directive are completely different.

the mailservers are mcasting over a crossover cable, and ucasting on a switch, the openser ones are ucasting on the same switch, but mcasting on another VLAN (created just for the mcasting systems, in fact there is a third cluster on the VLAN segment, connected the same way as the openser cluster, which isn't showing the authentication errors).

I've netstated both machines, and they're using the ports the ha.cf says it should be, but both of them are reporting that machines in the other cluster is failing authentication, obviously.

Any idea, or something basic I may have overlooked?

Nick