Hi all,
I've tried to find the answer for that on the mailing list without
success, so sorry if that's already answered.

We are investigating the posibilites of using ha for our production
systems, but we need some kind of strange configuration, and I need to
know if that's possible to do with heartbeat or not.
The thing is that I need a kind of the opposite of the common usage of
ha in most environments. Let me explain.

I have two mirrored groups of servers that serve images. That two
groups, are load balanced.
Inside each group, there are a number of servers, each one having parto
of the images to serve. One of them have a reverse proxy that sends the
image requests from  the users to the appropiate server using a simple
regexp match.
The thing is that if one of those server inside a group fails, all the
group have to be turned off, so the load balancer can detect the failure
and use only the other group of the mirror.
So what I need exactly, is to bring the reverse proxy down if one of the
machines of the group is down. It's kind of a reverse ha.  The reverse
proxy service is up if and only if all the machines of the group are up,
if not, bring it down.
Can this be achieved using heartbeat2?
I've already set it up heartbeat2 for a simple balanced website as a
exercise, and it's working and ok. But I cannot figure how to set up
that expecific need, or if its possible at all.

Many thaks in advance.

--
Marc Gracia i Galobart - Properazzi LTD

About me:
I was there, then that other place. and then that unicycle accident...
headed east. I later headed south at one point, only to find that, it
wasn't time yet. I'm currently in stable condition.