I have checked both services on each server and both of them are off.

[r...@rubric ~]# chkconfig --list dirsrv
dirsrv          0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
[r...@rubric ~]# chkconfig --list dirsrv-admin
dirsrv-admin    0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

[r...@nomen ~]#  chkconfig --list dirsrv
dirsrv          0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
[r...@nomen ~]# chkconfig --list dirsrv-admin
dirsrv-admin    0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

The way I determine if the service bounces when a node rejoins the cluster is
by running a script called statusfds.sh.  This script contains the following:

#!/bin/bash
service dirsrv status
service dirsrv-admin status

Then I run the following command to monitor the services.

watch -n 1 statusfds.sh

Moreover, even hb_gui shows that the services are bounced/restarted when a node
joins the cluster.  The status of the resources changes to "failed" for a
second and changes back to "running on".

Regards,
jerome