Hello,

I'm running heartbeat version 1.2.5 and drbd 8.3.0. I noticed a strange behaviour. First, when the preferred-primary node comes up (in a 2 nodes active/passive configuration), heartbeat starts shared ressources immediately (even if initdead is set) while drbd is still syncing.

I tried to use drbd_sync (http://web.acd.ccac.edu/~bpoyner/drbd/drbd_sync )

It is a script which interrupts the boot process until the syncing isn't completed, it partially solves the problem: It seems that even if the drbd disk is synced, it takes some time to drbd to mount the ressource, so some shared-daemons can't access to the data located on the drbd disk and monit has to trigger a restarting for the failed-to- start daemons.

Is it possible to make heartbeat monitor/test the drbd ressource just before become primary ?

Regards,
Mr Lejeune