> > just want to clear one thing here. suppose i have four nodes cluster then
> > do i need to configure and  run stonith-node1 (which keep info about
> node1)
> > on all other three nodes (i.e node2, node3 and node4)
>
> not necessary. running it on any one of the other nodes is
> enough.

suppose i am using ilo stonith where one stonith cant shoot more than one
node , so i will have to create 4 stoniths for 4 node.
Lets say stonith-node1 is running on node 2 and stonith node-2 is running on
node1  we get a network failure which result node1 , node2 to be one
partiton  A and and node3 , node4 on other partion B

now i want to know how the partition B will be able to fence partition A  as
the stontih required  for stonithing  partition A  are not available  in
partition B , they are running in  partition A ( on node1 and node2) .

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Regards,
Priyanka.