From: uma rk
Sent: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:46:37 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: [Linux-HA] HA based on availability of an application on primary

I am building HA for an application on RHEL4.

A mission critical application runs on the primary.

I would like the standby to assume the VIP if the

application on the primary becomes unavailable.

Is it possible for me to insert my custom "pinger"

to determine the availability of the primary?

Thanks,

/Uma