Bernie Wu wrote:
> The company I work for wants us to start investigating HA.
> My first POC setup was a 2 node cluster with a floating IP and that worked
> out quite well.
> Now the second POC was to work with an application, in this case, apache2 in
> a active/passive configuration.
> My question is this.  Do I need to setup a third node to serve as the quorum
> node or can I work with 2 nodes.

If your setup is v1-style active/passive, all you need to do is add
httpd to haresources line (and make sure it's not started by init).
That's for proof of concept. IRL you may want to throw in at least mon,
possibly stonith -- although I haven't seen a split brain problem in my
setup (but then again, mine usually fail over when I upgrade the kernel).

Dima