On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/10/10 2:20 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>
>>> See "LRM operation WebSite_start_0 unknown error" from November, that's
>>> where your pdf led me. By the time I hit "unknown error" starting drbd
>>> resource -- set up exactly as you describe, I've spent close to a week
>>> trying to replicate the setup that takes<  an hour. So I replaced it it
>>> with haresources and everything started to work.
>>
>> This does not at all back up your claim that there is no documentation.
>> All this shows is that EPEL5 (what you tried it on) is different from
>> Fedora-13 (what the guide was written for).
>
> Who would use fedora for anything that needed a highly available server?

I believe you're missing the point.

Fedora was chosen for the documentation because it is freely available
and contains current versions of the necessary dependancies.
SLES/RHEL are not free, EPEL5 does not meet for the second criteria
and EPEL6 does not yet exist.

No-one is suggesting all clusters should run on Fedora. I was clearly
trying to say that instructions for A are unlikely to work unmodified
for B.