Hi,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 03:34:32PM +0000, Stallmann, Andreas wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is it possible to exchange a complete CIB with an other CIB?
>
> The background is, that we have to roll out the same cluster in different
> customer enviroments with different IPs / networks.
> Instead of manipulating the CIB by hand via CRM, I'd rather replace
> placeholders in a "template cib" via a script.

There are cib templates (see crm configure template). Or
alternatively, probably better, you can use sed to produce
specific configurations.

> I tried "crm -f filename" and "crm <filename" to no avail. crm then commits
> the changes line-by-line imediately, which can lead to undesireable
> sideeffects (because some primitives start at once, where I acutally wanted
> the group to start instead etc.). Can one force crm in a "batch mode", where
> commit happens only when I want it to happen?

# crm configure load replace <file>

You can also use http://.../file if you have a server with
configurations. Perhaps ftp://... also, don't remember exactly
now.

> Could I instead exchange the CIB-XML-file? If yes, which prerequisites do I
> have to take care of (I guess the cluster should be stopped, including
> corosync, right?)? An how do I generate a CIB-file without the
> status-information of a running system?  Would you be so kind to point me to
> the right source of information (yes, that's a request for a RTFM *grin*).

Yes, you can also use XML, but I think you should be better off
with text files.

Thanks,

Dejan