Dear friends, contacts and colleagues, present and past,

The tragedy of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear emergency in northern
Japan has had a particular impact on my family: Akiko, my wife, comes
from Fukushima, and her family, friends and relatives are all directly
affected. I have never reached out to you all in this fashion, but this
seems an especially worthy cause.

The authorities in Japan apparently need persuading into doing the right
thing: the "safe radiation limit" for everybody in Japan is being raised
to 20 times its former value, and many argue that this is putting the
population of Fukushima in unacceptable danger. This new limit allows
officials to avoid doing what could be done to remove some of the
contamination, and is considered unsafe since the radiation affects a
very large, open area, including all local food production sources.

Please take a few minutes to read the below, and to imagine what such an
emergency would mean for you if it happened a few kilometres from home.

Thank you

Yan and Akiko Fitterer

Petition regarding the Second Nuclear Emergency in Japan
http://fukushima.greenaction-japan.com/

Please sign this new EMERGENCY petition to roll back reckless radiation
limits and protect hundreds of thousands of Japanese children from a
lifetime of cancer fear.

Japan's people desperately need help for common sense to prevail so
their children are safe from radiation exposure. Thank you for taking
the time to show your support. After you sign the petition, you will
receive a confirmation email. To complete your action, click the link in
the email to confirm your signature.

We the undersigned ask you to join us in signing our petition, which
will be presented to the Japanese Government

Read and Sign the petition:

http://fukushima.greenaction-japan.com/

This petition is being organized by:

Green Action, Greenpeace Japan, Citizens' Nuclear Information Center,
Citizens Against Fukushima Ageing Nuclear Power Plants (Fukuro-no-Kai),
Osaka Citizens Against the Mihama, Oi, and Takahama Nuclear Power Plants
(Mihama-no-Kai), Friends of the Earth Japan