I am not using corosync/pacemaker, and I use mon to monitor my application. I
want to configure ipfail so I can monitor the external ethernet connectivity by
pinging a gateway.

In case the active node lost its external (which provide application services)
network connection, ipfail can trigger a failover, so the peer can continue to
provide service.

can ipfail do this? if so, how?

Thanks.

Hai Tao