Hi,

15.11.2011 19:29, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Vladislav,
>
> Thank you so much for your response.
>
>>> I may be wrong in details a little bit, Andrew may correct me then.
>
> Actually, you are exactly right. With that being said, how can I stop
> cman, quorum, fenced being started and use just the standard dlm/
> With everything, quorum, stonith etc.. handled by pacemaker. Is
> this setup possible?

Yes, and I actually use it with moderate success.

First, you need dlm_controld.pcmk. cman's version wont work.
I use one from 3.0.17, with diff 3.0.17-3.1.1 applied (manually crafted,
everything except removed pacemaker.c and pacemaker-related Makefile
parts). I also use patches I sent to pacemaker list 28.09.2011, one
backport of Andrew's work, one patch to fix some minor build issues, and
my patch which makes dlm_controld a master cpg failure handler.
This all "almost works", only one consistency issue remains, I sent its
description to the pacemaker list yesterday.

Then,
chkconfig cman off
chkconfig openais on
man corosync.conf
<your_favorite_editor> /etc/corosync/corosync.conf
Make sure pacemaker version is 1 in corosync configuration:
service {
    # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
    name: pacemaker
    ver:  1
}

reboot.

Pacemaker configuration should be available in previous versions of
Clusters From Scratch (until Andrew changed it to cman's flavor). I
think you also may consult Suse's manuals because they use openais by
default.

That's probably all.

>>> Please note, that cluster 3.1.* does not include dlm_controld.pcmk
>>> anymore, and I think it is a big mistake. Latest release with it is 3.0.17.
>
> I am aware of that, and the standard dlm daemon is working fine. What do
> you not like about the standard vs. pcmk dlm daemons? Isn't the former just an
> abstraction away from cman vs. pcmk?

Thy use different cluster managers, cman and pacemaker.
cman stack uses corosync, openais, own corosync plugins (heart of cman)
and own daemons like fenced. It is a main cluster information view
source when it is used, pacemaker also uses it's services (although it
borrows fencing from fenced). .cman *_controld variant is for this case.
You my start them either from init script or from pacemaker.

pacemaker stack uses corosync or corosync+openais and uses pacemaker as
a source of cluster information. It such setup you should use *.pcmk
versions of dlm_controld and friends. You should start all daemons from
pacemaker in this case.

I hope you now have enough explanations and pointers to further
information to make it all work ;)

Best,
Vladislav