I have 5 servers where 2 are running a redundant web front-end with pacemaker
(managing a single floating IP), two are running MySQL with mmm agents and the
last one is running the mmm monitor node. So at present there is no overlap
between these groups. I need to retire one of the web servers and its functions
will be moved to the machine currently doing mmm monitoring. Easier said than
done.
If I install pacemaker (from the linux-ha PPA for Lucid, with empty initial
config, as per the docs) and start its corosync service,  mmm's monitor goes
nuts, loses connectivity to agents causes them to drops their floating IP (even
though it's not on the machines involved with  pacemaker). I can appreciate
that there is some overlap in functionality, but I don't see why it should
conflict like this. Anyone got an explanation? Is anyone else running this
combo?

I've temporarily bypassed the front-end so I can work on this, so I'm clear to
start entirely from scratch. This is proving difficult too, since the shifting
terminology means documentation is mostly out of sync - of the three guides
I've tried so far, one doesn't mention ha.cf at all (others do, but with
obsolete options), one suggests doing everything with corosync (though appears
to be missing any config for pacemaker). One thing that would be very helpful
is something to explain the relative merits of ucast, bcast and mcast options,
as I suspect they may be part of the problem I'm seeing with mmm.

(and I'm not looking to switch to DRBD!)

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK info@hand CRM solutions