On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Stefan Schloesser
<sschloes...@intermediate.de> wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
>>None, because dual-Primary and OCFS2 are utterly pointless for Apache and
>>MySQL. Apache and MySQL can be easily built on single-Primary >DRBD with a
>>regular filesystem (ext3/4, XFS, you name it).
> I would like load-balancing and use typo3 which writes upon access to the
> filesystem and db (cache etc.). Still pointless?

With OCFS2 and dual-Primary DRBD, yes.

- For the database, OCFS2 doesn't help you at all. Use DRBD-backed
MySQL on a regular single-Primary DRBD resource.
- For the filesystem, OCFS2 does theoretically help but clearly isn't
your best choice. For a highly-available filesystem, you can use
either DRBD-backed NFS, or (as Marcus suggested) GlusterFS with
replicated volumes.

Cheers,
Florian

--