On 4/13/12 12:38 PM, Seth Galitzer wrote:
> I'm working through this howto doc:
> http://www.linbit.com/fileadmin/tech-guides/ha-nfs.pdf
> and am stuck at section 4.4.  When I put the primary node in standby, it
> seems that NFS never releases the export, so it can't shut down, and
> thus can't get started on the secondary node.  Everything up to that
> point in the doc works fine and fails over correctly.  But once I add
> the exportfs resource, it fails.  I'm running this on debian wheezy with
> the included standard packages, not custom.
>
> Any suggestions?  I'd be happy to post configs and logs if requested.

Yes, please post the output of "crm configure show", the output of "exportfs"
while the resource is running properly, and the relevant sections of your log
file. I suggest using pastebin.com, to keep mailboxes filling up with walls of
text.

In case you haven't seen this thread already, you might want to take a look:

<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/77166>

And the resulting commit:
<https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/commit/5b0bf96e77ed3c4e179c8b4c6a5ffd4709f8fdae>

(Links courtesy of Lars Ellenberg.)

The problem and patch discussed in those links doesn't quite match what you
describe. I mention it because I had to patch my exportfs resource (in
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/exportfs on my RHEL systems) to get it to work
properly in my setup.
--
Bill Seligman             | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ | mailto://selig...@nevis.columbia.edu