Hi,

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Anne Blankert <anne.blank...@geodan.nl> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am a newbie playing with heartbeat / pacemaker on ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I
> have defined the following resource primitives and switchover/fail-over
> works almost fine.
>
> primitive ip1 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>          params ip="10.10.10.2" nic="eth0:0"
> local_start_script="/home/user1/ipadded"
> primitive ip1arp ocf:heartbeat:SendArp \
>          params ip="10.10.10.2" nic="eth0:0"
>
> The firewall/router in the datacenter does not accept gratuitous ARP
> (according to the manual: to prevent ip-spoofing). However, as a
> work-around, I have a script that forces the router to reset the arp
> table for the virtual ip. How can I tell the crm to run this script when
> the IPaddr2 resource is moved?
>
> I found a parameter "local_start_script" that can be passed to
> ocf:IPaddr2, but the IPaddr2 script ignores this parameter. In a post to
> this list, a patch to IPaddr2 was proposed, but not accepted.
>
> primitive ip1 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>          params ip="10.10.10.2" nic="eth0:0" \
>          local_start_script="/home/geodan/ipadded"
>
> There also exists the ocf:anything script, but this script expects a
> parameter 'binfile' that should point to a deamon, not a one shot script.
>
> So, is there a simple - best practice - way to run a one-shot script on
> switchover / fail-over / fail-back?

Make the script LSB compliant [1], and then add it to the
configuration or use the ocf:heartbeat:Dummy to create a RA out of
that script. On the long run, the second option might prove more
useful, but it depends on your specific requirements.

HTH,
Dan

[1] http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/LSB_Resource_Agents

> Thanks,