No, no complaining. Just glad to get a definitive answer on it. Active/Active
made me think something that I guess isn't true. No worries. Honestly, thanks
for the reply. Without you, I would have kept trying and trying and trying.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org
[mailto:linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org] On Behalf Of Dimitri Maziuk
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 5:50 PM
To: linux-ha@lists.linux-ha.org
Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] IP Clone

On 08/20/2012 05:01 PM, Yount, William D wrote:
> I am trying to set up an Active/Active cluster. I have an
Active/Passive cluster up and running.

I don't remember seeing a clear explanation of when, where, and why you'd
actually want an active/active cluster. I never needed one myself, so can't
really help you there.

> I don't understand how it could be called an Active/Active cluster if
> you aren't allowed to run the IP address on two servers at once.

You are not allowed to run the IP address on two servers at once, full stop.
Complain to Rob Kahn and Vint Cerf.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin