On 2012-10-24T11:15:14, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaz...@bmrb.wisc.edu> wrote:

> > I'm happy you have something that works for you.
> > Although even if you're using it in haresources mode, your resource
> > agents are still years out of date.
> It doesn't have resource agents (that's one of its pluses in my book).

It has them; they are just called differently and included.

And, frankly speaking, you have a weird way of assessing "pluses" ;-)

> Back when I went through that exercise hand-crafted XML was the only
> thing google could find for 2.1.4 crm mode.

Yes. That's why, in retrospect, a lot of suck happened with it. That was
never the plan, the XML was never meant to leak to end-users like that.
Oh, well, ancient history.

> So we don't know what OP's doing and why. Again the right answer here
> is not "seriously".

In lieu of a good justification, anyone deploying a 2.1.4 based cluster
today really needs to prepare to get a "seriously" ;-) Something like
"Well I inherited this old pitiful system, help" is quite different.

(And SUSE actually maintains a heavily patched 2.1.4 version on SLES10,
and fully supports that.  But we still encourage everyone to upgrade to
SLE HA 11 SP2 at their earliest convenience, because, really, it sucks
to use.)

Regards,
    Lars

--