On 2012-11-16T14:56:21, Andrew Beekhof <and...@beekhof.net> wrote:

> > Yes, the remote capability of pcs is different. Though crmsh has some
> > ability in that regard too. And probably will have to grow them.
> And a REST interface and a GUI that talks to it as well?

hawk actually is based on a REST interface, in many ways. That happens
to use crmsh in the backend. (Which, admittedly, may be suboptimal. But
has the advantage that "anything hawk can do, admins can easily
script".)

> The design Chris has come up with is very nice and you'd have to
> squint really really hard to make crmsh fit.

Well, actually, I can imagine crmsh consume/use the REST interface too.

Might be an interesting option going forward.

> To be blunt, because it is no more your business than the creation of
> LCMC or Hawk was mine.

Yes. Exactly. Thanks for confirming my point.

> I and the community were informed after the decisions was made, there
> was no request for permission.  Nor would that be expected.

I'm pretty sure we had a discussion about that. And I also spoke with
LINBIT (who at the time "owned" the drbd-mc).

> You've not managed to convince me and I've also got a fair bit to
> loose wouldn't you say?

Sure. And I guess the only way to find out is to see how it unfolds.
I've said my piece (for now), and I don't want to continue pissing you
off ;-) But I also needed to get it off my chest.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA