> If the promote of DRBD on one node cannot be done, this might
> be because the demote on the other node cannot be achieved.
> Do you mount a FS ? If so, force : umount -fl /mountpoint
> Double check (cat /proc/drbd) that the DRBD resource is
> really secondary on the demoted node.

This is with no FS mounted. The drbd demote and promote commands work okay from
a shell prompt. Thet is, I can demote the resource on the primary node, then
propote it on the secondary node, and everything works fine when I do it
manually. However, when Pacemaker tries to do it, I see that it gets demoted on
the primary, but then it does not get promoted on the secondary. The logs on
the secondary show that the drbdadm promote comnmand is terminating with error
code 11. That error code seems to mean that the device is busy, but we have no
idea what is holding it open, especially since it works when you do it manually.

We had it looked at by an expert yesterday and they think it is a problem with
the drbd resource agent. They suggested that we try upgrading to drbd 8.4.2, so
we will try that next,

> Maybe you could play with drbdadm commands, without pacemaker
> running, to simulate the transitions before trying to put all
> in a configuration.
> As far as I recall, those odd behaviours where ALWAYS my
> fault with bad pcmk config. Could you send the whole, so that
> we can test it widely ?

If upgrading to 8.4.2 does not fix it, then I'll let you know. Thanks!

--Eric

Disclaimer - December 5, 2012
solely for General Linux-HA mailing list. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management.
Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has
taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email,
the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachments.