From: linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org [linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org]
on behalf of Paul Archer [paul.arc...@topgolf.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:28 PM
To: General Linux-HA mailing list
Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] VirtualDomain resources won't migrate

I am soooo frelling close! But still having issues.
First, I found a thread
(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.highavailability.pacemaker/11880)
dealing with the same issue. It suggests that the reason for the 'not
installed' is that the VirtualDomain RA can't read the
/etc/libvirt/qemu/<domain>.xml file. So I tried moving mine to local storage,
and the 'not installed' errors went away. ( Plea to the devs: Please! O!
Please! flesh out that error message so it is more useful and makes sense.
Thanks!)

It seems to be an issue of a non-root user accessing the files
(/etc/libvirt/qemu/<domain>.xml), which are owned by root, and have permissions
of 600 (rw only for root, no permissions for anyone else). I've tried changing
the permissions/ownership, but they get reset every time I migrate the VM, even
just through libvirt. The odd thing is that with local storage, this isn't a
problem. The shared FS is gluster, so I  guess it's something that gluster is
doing (or not doing), but I'm not sure what.

Can anyone tell me which process does the access, and if it's not running as
root, how it accesses those files when they're normally only readable by root?

Thanks,

pma