On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Bernd Schubert
<bernd.schub...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 09:52 AM, Lukas Grossar wrote:

>>> Hmm, I'm still not sure if I understand it correctly. So with 6.4 one
>>> has to set (in crm syntax):
>>>
>>> property stonith-action="reboot"
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Right now we have:
>>>
>>> property stonith-action="poweroff"
>>>
>>> and the fence_ipmilan option: action=off
>>>
>>> And that leads to a reboot, as it is supposed to do for this
>>> installation.
>>
>> That may be what it is supposed to do for this installation, but it is
>> not what it is supposed to do according to the documentation/man page.
>

> I'm aware of that. However, it was tested that way, 'reboot' was not
> accepted by the agent as parameter and retesting on an upgrade will be
> difficult. So if it was a bug, then it was at least a tested bug and
> fixing it will break existing installations. From my point of view that
> is fine with upstream, but wrong for stable distributions. Distribution
> packages instead should document it and add another option such
> "really-poweroff".

No. No no no no.  This is all kinds of wrong.

That the agent did not accept the reboot command (and yet was clearly
capable of supporting it) is a bug which should have been reported.
Instead you chose a path that relied on a behaviour that was quite
obviously the complete opposite of the documented one.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

It is very unfortunate that you will be affected by this, but you
should, at the very least, have queried _someone_ about it before
betting the farm.
No distro I know of claims to be bug-for-bug compatible with previous
releases, even in a stable series.