On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 12:02 +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2013-03-08T11:56:12, Roman Haefeli <reduz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Googling "TrackedProcTimeoutFunction exportfs" didn't reveal any
> > results, which makes me think we are alone with this specific problem.
> > Is it the RA that hangs or the command 'exportfs' which is executed by
> > this RA?
>
> What resource-agents version? There was one which had a bug with a file
> it used growing so large that operations would time out (or the disk
> would fill up) ...

Ah, thanks for reminding me. Actually, the version of the
resource-agents package from Debian backports is 3.9.2, which comes with
an exportfs RA that still suffers from the problem of .rmtab growing
indefinitely. I replaced it by a version from git [1] with a fix for
that problem. The problem I'm experiencing now is with the updated
version, though I don't really know if the previous version with
the .rmtab-bug exhibits the same problem, because I wasn't running it
for a long enough time.

This raises the question whether it is valid to update only one single
RA while keeping the rest the same.

Roman

[1]
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/commit/dcf6eac59f3ea2f77bf6069d79218f539186c9f7