Hi!

I have a wuestion: If I want to limit parallel execution of some resources, how
can I configure that?

Background: Some resources may hit some OS bug when demanding high I/O (e.g.
starting several Xen-VMs residing on a OCFS2 filesystem that is mirrored by
cLVM). The I/O performance will drop approximately to zero when cLVM is also
mirroring. That's not because of the I/O channel being saturated, but because
of terrible programming regarding cLVM... anyway:

Would it work to define an advisory ordering of resources (in addition to a
different mandatory ordering), so if crm would schedule alle those resources at
one (in parallel), it would actually schedule the sequentially?

If I stop one resource, will those "logically after" the one being stopped be
also stopped due to advisory ordering then?

Maybe a new mechanism is needed to restrict parallelism based on resources
(i.e. a new type of constraint).

Regards,
Ulrich