Hi,

I've got a script for resource creation, which puts the new resource in
a shadow CIB together with the necessary constraints, runs a simulation
and finally offers to commit the shadow CIB into the live config (by
invoking an interactive crm).  This works well.  My concern is that if
somebody else (another cluster administrator) changes anything in the
cluster configuration between creation of the shadow copy and the
commit, those changes will be silently reverted (lost) by the commit.
Is there any way to avoid the possibility of this?  According to
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.highavailability.pacemaker/11021,
crm provides this functionality for its configure sessions [*], but the
shadow CIB route has good points as well (easier to script via cibadmin,
simulation), which I'd like to use.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Feri.

[*] abbreviating Dejan Muhamedagic:
"The shell keeps the changes in its memory until the user says commit.
Just before doing the commit, it checks if the CIB changed in the
meantime and if so it refuses to commit changes."