Ferenc Wagner <wf...@niif.hu> writes:

> Arnold Krille <arn...@arnoldarts.de> writes:
>
>> If I understand you correctly, the problem only arises when adding new
>> bridges while the cluster is running. And your vms will (rightfully)
>> get restarted when you add a non-running bridge-resource to the
>> cloned dependency-group.
>
> Exactly.
>
>> You might be able to circumvent this problem: Define the bridge as a
>> single cloned resource and start it. When it runs on all nodes,

I wonder if there's a better way to check this than doing periodic set
compares between the output of crm_node --partition and crm_resource
--quiet --resource=temporary-bridge-clone --locate...

>> remove the clones for the single resource and add the resource to
>> your dependency-group in one single edit. With commit the cluster
>> should see that the new resource in the group is already running and
>> thus not affect the vms.
>
> Thanks, this sounds like a plan, I'll test it!

Turns out it works indeed, but the interface is still unfortunate: after
removing the temporary clone and moving the new bridge into the group,
crm_simulate still predicts the restart of all VMs.  This does not
happen, though, because the new resource is already running, but it's a
pity that's not shown beforehand.  Anyway, this trick at least gets rid
of the manual starting work.
--
Cheers,
Feri.