On 30/08/2013, at 5:49 AM, Tom Parker <tpar...@cbnco.com> wrote:

> Hello.  Las night I updated my SLES 11 servers to HAE-SP3 which contains
> the following versions of software:
>
> cluster-glue-1.0.11-0.15.28
> libcorosync4-1.4.5-0.18.15
> corosync-1.4.5-0.18.15
> pacemaker-mgmt-2.1.2-0.7.40
> pacemaker-mgmt-client-2.1.2-0.7.40
> pacemaker-1.1.9-0.19.102
>
> With the previous versions of openais/corosync I could run over 200
> resources with no problems and with very little lag with the management
> commands (crm_mon, crm configure, etc)
>
> Today I am unable to configure more than 127 resources.  When I commit
> my 128th resource all the crm commands start to fail (crm_mon just
> hangs) or timeout (ERROR: running cibadmin -Ql: Call cib_query failed
> (-62): Timer expired)
>
> I have attached my original crm config with 201 primitives to this e-mail.
>
> If anyone has any ideas as to what may have changed between pacemaker
> versions that would cause this please let me know.  If I can't get this
> solved this week I will have to downgrade to SP2 again.
>
> Thanks for any information.

I suspect you've hit an IPC buffer limit.

Depending on exactly what went into the SUSE builds, you should have the
following environment variables (documentation from /etc/syconfig/pacemaker on
RHEL) to play with:

# Force use of a particular class of IPC connection
# PCMK_ipc_type=shared-mem|socket|posix|sysv

# Specify an IPC buffer size in bytes
# Useful when connecting to really big clusters that exceed the default 20k
buffer
# PCMK_ipc_buffer=20480