On 03/09/13 02:32, Ulrich Windl wrote:
Hi!

I don't have a real answer for this, but I can report other bad experience with
2-node cluster like yours:

If the DC is fenced, the other node tries to become DC, but if the other node (who still
thinks he's DC) reboots just before the other node has completed his "ego
trip", both nodes cannot agree on who's becoming DC. I'll have to reboot (or shut
down OpenAIS) on one of these nodes. Seen in SLES11 SP2 (latest updates).

An idea for you problem: If the cluster would count "reboots within a
timeframe" (e.g. as node attribute), the fencong operation could change from reboot
to poweroff. I don't know how to do it, though.

Regards,
Ulrich

I've run only 2-node clusters and I've not seen this problem. That said, I've long-ago moved off of openais in favour of corosync. Given that membership is handled there, I would look at openais as the source of your trouble.

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?