On 12 Nov 2013, at 7:44 am, Tom Parker <tpar...@cbnco.com> wrote:

> I have found my settings.
>
> I needed to set the following in /etc/sysconfig/pacemaker
>
> # Force use of a particular class of IPC connection
>
> # PCMK_ipc_type=shared-mem|socket|posix|sysv
>
> export PCMK_ipc_type=shared-mem

This is the default now btw.

> # Specify an IPC buffer size in bytes
>
> # Useful when connecting to really big clusters that exceed the default 20k
> buffer
>
> # PCMK_ipc_buffer=20480
>
> export PCMK_ipc_buffer=20480000

20Mb is pretty big, unless you're wanting to avoid compression completely.

If you run:

cibadmin -Ql > big.xml
bzip big.xml
ls -alh big.xml.bz2

and then round up a bit more, you should be pretty safe.

> and in my bashrc file (for the crm tools to work proplery) I have
>
> [LIVE] qaxen1:~ # cat .bashrc
>
> # Load Pacemaker IPC settings for crm
>
> PACEMAKER_SYSCONFIG=/etc/sysconfig/pacemaker
>
> if [ -f $PACEMAKER_SYSCONFIG ]; then
>
>        . $PACEMAKER_SYSCONFIG
>
> fi

This should be redundant in the upcoming 1.1.11 release.
David is working on a patch that will allow the IPC clients to pick up the
larger default automagically.