>>> Lars Marowsky-Bree <l...@suse.com> schrieb am 24.01.2014 um 14:24 in
Nachricht
<20140124132433.gh18...@suse.de>:
> On 2014-01-24T08:16:03, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
wrote:

>> We have a server with a "network traffic light" on the front. With
>> corosync/pacemaker the light is constantly flickering, even if the cluster
>> "does nothing".
>> So I guess it's normal.
>
> Yes. Totem and other components have on-going health checks, so there's
> constant background traffic. But nothing major.
>
>> you that traffic will increase if your configuration grows and if the
> cluster
>> actually does something. I don't know if "communicate like mad" was a
design
>> concept, but on out HP-UX Service Guard cluster there was only the
heartbeat
>> traffic (configured to be one packet every 7 seconds (for good luck
reasons
>> ;-)) when the cluster was idle.
>
> HP SG runs an entirely different protocol and is an entirely different
> architecture.
>
>> Obviously the cLVM mirroring causes the corosync problems:
>
> I've never, ever observed this during testing and my continuously
> running cLVM RAID setup. Looks like an overload during resync, though.
> You need faster NICs ;-)

What we do (in the test environment) is mirror a 300GB cLVM LV over iSCSI to
two distict disk arrays. iSCSI uses dedicated 1Gb NICs in a 2x2x2x2 redundant
way, and the cluster communicates over different 1Gb NICs.

On the production system we have 4Gb and 8Gb FC-links to the disk arrays, and
the cluster communicates over dedicated NICs also.

In my experience if the mirrored LV is small (1GB or so) you don't notice the
problems; you need a big LV that is mirrored while other things are going
on...