Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:20:16AM +0300, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> 16.02.2015 11:15, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> >Vladislav Bogdanov <bub...@hoster-ok.com> writes:
> >
> >>Hi Kristoffer,
> >>
> >>may be it is worth to silently (or at least with rc=0) allow deletion of
> >>non-existing or already-deleted configuration statements?
> >>
> >>Background for that is that I keep track of the all configuration
> >>statements myself, and, when I delete some resources (together with
> >>accompanying constraints), they may go "out-of-order" to 'crm configure
> >>delete', thus some constraints are automatically deleted when deleting
> >>"lower" resource before the "upper" one. That leads to the whole crm
> >>script to fail.

crmsh tries hard to preserve the CIB sanity on removing elements.
It would be best that you just put all the elements you want to
delete on one line.

> >Hmm, I am not sure about doing this by default, since we would want to
> >show some kind of indication that a resource name may have been
> >misspelled for example... But I can imagine having a command line flag
> >for being more flexible in this regard.
>
> Reuse '-F'?
>

> >I will look at how it works now.
> >
> >BTW, I suspect that passing the --wait flag to crm while running
> >commands in this way may help you.

The --wait option effectively waits for the PE to settle. It is
normally useful only in resource/node levels and on configure
commit.

> >Although I am not sure I entirely
> >understand what it is you are doing :)
>
> Look:
> crm configure
> primitive a ...
> primitive b ...
> colocation b-with-a inf: b a
> commit
> exit
>
> crm configure
> delete a
> delete b-with-a <= fails because is already deleted automatically

You can also omit removing constraints as they are going to be
removed with the resources they reference.

Cheers,

Dejan