Hi Paul.

 > A while back I saw a thread regarding a way to remove all CR's
 > from text files created under MSDOS. I have a very large text
 > file that I want to use in my TNOS Linux BBS and in the Crisp
 > editor it shows a CR at the end of each line!

 > Does anyone know a quick and easy way to remove all these CR's?
 > I'm using Caldera Open Linux Base 1.1 Any and all hints and tips
 > are most welcome!

I know the following methods:

 1. ftp to localhost (or wherever) and use ASCII mode to transfer
    the files. That's designed for this job.

 2. Try the following script:

        cat /dos/document.txt           \
                | sed 's/ *$//' > ~/document.txt

    This latter one also strips all trailing spaces off lines.

 3. I believe the mtools package has a utility to do this, but as I
    have never used it, I can't confirm this...

Hope this helps...

Best wishes from Riley.

---
 * ftp://ftp.Amush.cx/pub/rhw/Linux