Hi Fred, you used a program called "zap" I forget. I have it and
it allows you to load up to a 2 gb HD on an old bios computer. I know that
program puts data into a loader program in the boot sector of the HD. You
don't notice this when using DOS and old windows like version 3.1 but
win95 fights it.

        With Linux I am not sure what happens. Do this: If you have lilo
doing your loading, back clear off and re-do your special big HD thing
again. Make sure it's right. Then re-load and boot from a floppy ONLY. Do
not use lilo cuzz it writes to the boot sector. But perhaps you can put
lilo on another partition.

        These work-arounds because the dam computer is 4 years old are
just the pits!