Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Can you tell me where I can find some info on what AAVL and PIC-ET are?
>
> 73,
> Hamish VK3TYD

The PIC-E(T) is a development board using the PIC 16F84 processor along with
a 1200 baud FSK modem. You can find info on it at the TAPR site:

http://www.tapr.org

Presently software is written for it to do automatic vehicle location (AVL/APRS)
and
some other functions such as weather station, ax.25 sending and so forth.

AAVL is a term (I think?) I coined to describe Amateur Automatic Vehicle Location
of which APRS(TM) is a subset. The difference being that the term "APRS" is
trademarked
and AAVL is not to my knowledge, at least to the extent to what it describes in
this
context.

So, within the scope of your question about AAVL, we are talking about vehicle
location
and tracking, similar to the APRS method.

-Jeff