Hi all.

 >> "...modified versions may NOT be distributed without prior consent..."

 > Ooops. I didn't realize that part of the license. Indeed,
 > maintaining is impossible without clarifying that point.

 >> I have asked Mr. Bester for permission to incorporate his
 >> software into our distro but he did not grant it. :(

 > Well, that's a different story. IMHO it's still worth asking.

I also asked Mr Bester regarding this, and he made his position VERY
clear in his response: As far as he is concerned, even repackaging his
software from the original .tar.Z archives to .tar.gz breaks the terms
of his licnce, never mind packaging it up in .rpm or .deb packages...

Basically, anybody who downloads other than sattrack-3.1.6.tar.Z has
downloaded a pirate version as far as he is concerned...

IMHO he is basically asking people to rip off his software by doing
so, but that's up to him...

Best wishes from Riley.

| There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux  |
| else has already done so and is just about to release their patch.   |
 * ftp://ftp.MemAlpha.cx/pub/rhw/Linux
 * http://www.MemAlpha.cx/kernel.versions.html