Hi Erwin.

 > Such page does already exist at
 > http://filewatcher.org/lfw/cat/Ham_Radio at least for Linux
 > software only. I'm the maintainer of the Ham_Radio section and can
 > add in all sections if needed.

 > FileWatcher.org is a searchable, daily updated directory of
 > Linux/Unix/Internet related file archives and programs grouped by
 > topic. It features latest updates and file descriptions and has
 > also powerful search engines.

It also features lots of links to areas with 0 files and a datestamp
of 1970-01-01, which suggests dead links. For reference, go to...

    http://FileWatcher.org/lfw/cat

...and check the details for the following links...especially those
listed ending with an asterisk as those generally represent multiple
links...

    Application/Database/Interbase
    Application/Office/StarOffice
    Distribution/Debian/Alpha
    Distribution/Other/Eurielec
    Distribution/Redhat/Contributed/m68k/glibc
    Distribution/Redhat/Contributed/Group*
    Distribution/Redhat/Misc/Incoming
    Distribution/Redhat/Misc/Rawhide
    Distribution/S.u.S.E./Updates
    Document/HOWTO/TSX-11/HOWTO*
    FileArchive/Other/Greek*
    FileArchive/Other/Project*
    Game/Misc/*
    HamRadio/Document/Kenwood/*
    HamRadio/DX/Cluster/DXSpider
    HamRadio/Misc/Rigctrl/Yaesu
    HamRadio/Packet/Misc/Boxstart
    HamRadio/Packet/Misc/Dpboxt
    HamRadio/Packet/Misc/Http-convers
    HamRadio/Packet/Misc/Jstation
    HamRadio/Packet/Modem/HF*
    HamRadio/Packet/Modem/Psk31lx
    HamRadio/Packet/Modem/Yamdrv
    HamRadio/Packet/Node/6pack
    HamRadio/Packet/Node/Linuxnet
    HamRadio/Packet/Node/Tntsrc
    HamRadio/Satellite/Misc/Jstation
    Internet/FTP/Mirrordir
    Internet/News/Leafnode
    Tool/Backup/Afbackup

I note that the bulk of those dead links are in either the
Distribution or HamRadio sections, and you stated that you're
responsible for the latter...

Incidentally, DXSpider was recently 'advertised' here in the Linux
Hams mailing list, and I've attached a copy of the announcement for
your reference in updating that particular link (reformatted by my
mail software, but otherwise unchanged)...

 > Only the ftp protocol is supported right now, http or even nfs
 > protocol is planned in the future.

I'd like to see both NFS and SMB available myself, for the following
reasons:

 1. NFS makes it very easy both to size files and to copy them,
    possibly changing the archive format in the process. I refer
    to the SunSITE-UK mirror this way from home.

 2. SMB has one distinct advantage over NFS which is that it can
    be used on systems where one does not have root privelidges.
    At work, the SysAdmin does not wish to make the SunSITE-UK
    mirror generally available for company political reasons,
    but I am able to SMB mount it, and make use of it that way.

I will point out that it's not quite as easy to use SMB as NFS, but it
does have its advantages...

For reference regarding these, point your browser to...

    http://SunSITE.doc.ic.ac.uk/sunsite/access/

Best wishes from Riley.