I haven't been active in ham for a few years (sold all
my equipment and now wish I hadn't!) so I may not be
fully understanding of what's going on. I've been
following this list so I understand some of it.

I have a linux box that is my main computer at home
(only one, actually) that I use for dial-up internet
access (ppp). I still have a KPC-3 laying around here
and have thinking about purchasing an HT to get active
on packet again. (Local club's packet BBS tower is just
a few miles away on a ~110 ft tower, so the HT will
make it there fine). I have an IP address assigned for
packet (in the 44.x.x.x block). I would like to set
up a packet station, but I'm sure if what I want to do
is possible or not. I'm pretty sure it is but I'm not
clear on the details. I want to run my dial-up ppp and
the packet station on the same box. Is this very hard
to setup? If what I'm asking has already been answered
somewhere, feel free to point me there.

Also, is there anything I would need to have setup
on the other side of the link? My IP address (not being
used) is 44.48.0.105 and my local club's BBS is
44.48.0.46. I'm friends with the guy who runs the club
BBS so if there is, it won't be a problem.

I've tried to make my point clear, if anyone doesn't
understand, please ask me specific details.

Thanks,
Jeremy
email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pgp key : http://www.blueriver.net/~darqside/pgpkey.asc