I've read with interest the commentary regarding kernel 2.2.x.  So far,
I've not made the switch as too many packages would need updating and I
wonder how many other things will break due to that.  Now, the good
folks down at GNU have released glibc 2.1.  This, as I understand it is
the newest stable branch of glibc and more details can be found here:

http://linuxtoday.com/stories/2915.html

Perhaps by the time the distributors get a glibc 2.1 based system with
kernel 2.2.x, I'll have that screamer built (screamer as compared to
this 486-100!).

73, de Nate >>

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "FAILURE IS NOT
 Internet | [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | AN OPTION!