I'm passing along the following question on behalf of a friend having
trouble subscribing to the list.

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "FAILURE IS NOT
 Internet | [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | AN OPTION!

Hello Nate, N0BN,

Hope all is well with you.

I have tried twice to subscribe to "linux-hams" of "majordomo.vger.rutgers.edu"
and get NO reply.  So would you ask the following question on it for me.

Why does Linux command:

/sbin/ifconfig bc0 up

cause the Linux message:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Permission denied

or why does Linux command:

/sbin/ifconfig bc0 hw ax25 1 up

cause the same Linux message:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Permission denied

Have a Tigertronics BayPac BP-96A plugged into the parellel port.

At boot time the following Linux messages display:

baycom: version 0.3 compiled 19:40:53 May 31 1998
lp1 at 0x0378, (polling)

from my RedHat 4.2, 2.0.30, i486, system.

Thanks and 73, Nate.